Tuesday, April 28, 2009

Our Family Schedule

5 am I shower
Start Laundry
Make the Bed
Scripture Study
Walk Around the Block

7 am get the boys up
Hygiene
Chores
Breakfast (song, prayer, memorization, talk about what I am learning in the scriptures,
classics, and current news.)
After Meal Chores ( Each person has two chores like wash table, put food away, etc.)
Play till 8:30

8:30 15 minute pickup
15 minute bedroom pickup

9am I read aloud from current classic
School Closet Opens
Open ended activities and personal interest study ensues

12pm Cleanup
Lunch / Greek Practice
After Meal Chores
My Study Time (kids quiet activities inside and loud activities outside.)

4pm I type my Daily Essay

5pm Laundry Party
15 Minute Pickup (boys pickup while I vacuum)
Start Dinner

6:30 Dinner (discussion on character, what's being learned, etc. )
After Meal Chores

7pm Baths
Scriptures and Prayer
Youngest in Bed

8pm Oldest Kids Can Read
I sweep and mop while listening to a book on CD or forum talk
Mom ready for bed

9pm Lights Out

2 comments:

  1. I like how you discuss and practice things during the meals too. We have been practicing our little poems during lunch and breakfast, and it makes meal time fun! A nice time to gather as a family, and enjoy eachothers company too.
    My schedule is a lot like yours too, only I don't get up at 5 in the morning. hehe I think it would be cool to, but I am to sleepy in the morning. Chris doesn't help either because he sleeps in until the last minute, and turns his alarm off a few times. It would be nice to have a more controlled morning. Did you know that at 11:00 am, Kbyu, has conference talks and other talks on. I think I might integrate that either once a week or daily. not sure yet. I can't wait until my kids are old enough to do chores like taking the garbage out, or washing the dishes. hmmmm.... but I know I can start small, and before I know it, they will have grown up!
    Thanks Elisa, you are inspiring!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, thanks for sharing. I stumbled on your blog at tjedonline forums. It seems like we have a lot in common! I have 4 boys and I was just wishing I had some examples of how other people's TJed homeschool days went with boys, since both the Demilles and the Jeppsons have mostly girls and they are just so different than boys in what inspires them. It is also a fun coincidence that we have the same background on our family blog. We must have similar tastes. Anyway, thanks for your blog I look forward to reading more about your homeschool.

    ReplyDelete