Monday, January 11, 2010

today's essay

My husband and I are reading the Bible beginning in Genesis to find all of the tips for good health that we can find. The Bible is a 'how-to' manual in many ways so why wouldn't it teach us how to treat our bodies that are temples? It does teach us how to take care of ourselves right from the very first chapter when God is telling Adam and Eve to eat fruit from the trees and to eat any herb that bears seeds. We are through chapter 4 now and so far we have been told several times to eat fruit from the trees, and herbs bearing seed. I understand that to mean fruits, vegetables, grains, nuts, and seeds. There has been no mention so far of eating meat or dairy though God was pleased with the sacrifice of a lamb by Abel. It does not say that they ate the lamb, only that they sacrificed it to God.

I have looked forward every night to sitting down and reading aloud with Brian. We are keeping a notebook for writing down every health topic we find. I have not ever read the Bible aloud with someone so it has been fun to discuss things as they come up. I am a little bit apprehensive about some of the topics that might come up because he believes some things different but I am hoping that with the spirit there we will make it through without too much difficulty. This is the first time since he left my church 6 years ago that we have discussed scripture together. I hope it only brings good.

No comments:

Post a Comment