Saturday, May 5, 2012

The Lion, The Witch, and The Wardrobe

The Lion, the Witch, and the Wardrobe (Chronicles of Narnia, #2)The Lion, the Witch, and the Wardrobe by C.S. Lewis

My rating: 5 of 5 stars


I am going to read this book every once in a while. It is one to keep coming back to, to look for the similarities between it and the gospel of Jesus Christ.

I have read this book before, but it had been a while and I was excited to read it again.  I caught similarities to the gospel all the way through it.  I cried when Aslan gave himself up to be sacrificed to save everyone even though he had done nothing wrong, and with what grace he did it.  Even the two girls there to make sure his body was taken care of reminded me of the women taking care of Jesus' body.  Then they were there to see him risen.  I also saw that when Aslan was come back, he vanquished the enemy. That is what He, Jesus, is going to do when he comes back.

I wondered if the Kings and Queens liked being back in children's bodies after all of their years growing in wisdom. I wonder if they lost that wisdom and gained back their childish ways of thinking and doing.  After going through the hardships of being a child, I don't think I would like going back.  I suppose in a way I will when I go on to the next life.  I know for sure that I won't lose anything in the transfer, but eternity is a long time and I will have much to learn, a lot like a child.

Elisa



View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment