Wednesday, July 1, 2009

Further Developments

I have some new developments with my music. I went to a family reunion this past weekend where I was able to play music with my cousins and sing with my sisters. It was way fun. 'Way' - where did I learn to speak? Any way, I showed the music I have been working on to my cousins and they think they may have some ways to help me along.

My cousin Dave borrowed me a nice microphone and a midi keyboard so I can mess around with recording and send them things I do. They are likewise going to send me things that they are working on so I can put words to their music. That is my favorite way to write lyrics. It feels so much more musical to put words to music that is already established. My cousins are very talented and are fun to work with.

I may be able to do some professional recording in the near future to further my goals. When I do that I will be able to send my songs out to producers to hear and critique. My next goal though is much simpler. I need to write the songs, write a speaking part, and go inspire some youth God willing.

Right now I am working on some more songs and a speaking part. I am focusing on values and this time the value is virtue. It has taken a while for me to wrap my mind around the difference between value and virtue.

I need to learn how to use the recording software, the microphone, and the keyboard so I have a lot of work ahead of me. It is exciting seeing door after door open for me. I have a clear plan and can see the path ahead of me. I know what to do next and that is something that I have waited my whole life for. It is the right time.

1 comment:

  1. I am so happy for you! I get excited to get going on the things that I know that I need to do with my life. I just have to remember seasons and that I have too many small children for this to be anything other than the season for being with babies. So I am glad I get to live vicariously through you and see your successes

    ReplyDelete