Friday, February 3, 2012

Ownership Spirit Review


Ownership SpiritOwnership Spirit by Dennis R. Deaton

My rating: 5 of 5 stars


I practiced my speed reading skills on this book not because I wanted to be through with it, but because I forgot to read it until the day before the discussion with my book club. Even with the speed reading I got a ton out of this book. Almost every page has yellow highlighter on it, marking things I definitely want to remember. Here is an example of something that stuck me as something that should be ingrained in my soul. "Pessimistic people do worse than optimistic people in three ways. First, they get depressed much more often. Second, they achieve less on the job, at school, and on the playing field - much less than their talents would suggest. Third, their physical health is worse than that of optimists. So holding a pessimistic theory of the world may be a mark of sophistication, but it is a costly one."

Ownership Spirit reaffirmed what I have been studying in the 7 Habits books. I am in charge of how things affect me. Even the worst things that can happen to me, I can decide if I am going to be changed for the worse or the better and the more often that I choose either one, the more often that particular path will naturally be chosen.



"Things are never as bad as they seem to be." That is another quote that I liked out of the book. I am going to apply these things along with the Stephen Covey books, and see how my view points change. Ownership Spirit told me that if I do this, the changes in my life will be remarkable. I could handle that.



View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment