Friday, February 10, 2012

A View Of My Day

Today went like this:
   Up at 5:30 to walk a mile, did T-Tapp and started a load of laundry (every other day it is walking 3 miles.)

  •    Made almond milk for our whole grain cereal and did other chores.
  • My husband read the Bible to the boys at the table while I unloaded the dishwasher and did other kitchen chores.
  • Dad went to work, the boys got going on their chores and I on mine. 
  • We came together to eat breakfast and have a devotional which consists of memorizing a song and a poem, a prayer from our prayer list on the white board, we read and discussed 2 pages from the 7 Habits of Highly Effective Teens, and I read a chapter from the Book of Mormon.
  • We all did our after meal chores.
  • The younger boys took a play break while I took a shower and the scholars took off on their studies.
  • The younger boys and I did our 30 minute deep clean.
  • We made the shells for our piπatas.
  • My 13 year old made lunch and we ate. (Broccoli with garlic oil, leftovers stirfry, and ugh - taters tots).
  • While the boys started eating I read 2 chapters from the Life of Fred math book and the younger boys did the problems on the white board. (They loved it)
  • We did our after meal chores.
  • We went to the family room and read for an hour from Island of the Blue Dolphins.
  • The younger boys and I sorted and folded laundry.
  • I am here now for some quiet time to work on my goals, one of which is to write in this blog. The younger kids are playing and the older ones are getting things ready for a scout camping trip.
That is our day so far.The rest of the day is for working on individual goals. I am thinking of making the morning play break into more of a goal reaching time instead of in the afternoon.  I'll try it and see how it goes.  The outline is pretty much the same every day. Instead of the pinata, on most days we read from a science or history book, or do some sort of activity. This is what flows for us and seems natural. 

No comments:

Post a Comment